- Plant a tree in ’73 – View the scene in 2016
- Surprise visitor
- Red Kites in Dinas
- Our Aunt Emily
- Truly free range eggs in Dinas
- The Frenchman’s Feet
- Mudlarking at Newport
- Bara Brith – 5* review
- Sneak Preview
- What would John James Esq think?
- Strung along in Dinas
- A scattering of sheep
- Ty Twt: a little museum in Newport
- The best of all possible worlds
- At anchor on the heavenly shore
- Part 7: Unknown lives. Guesses, Slivers of Information and Cul-de-sacs
- Part 6: Friends
Tag Archives: beach
Both are delightful. When you get to the beach at Newport, turn left for the dunes. Turn right for these rock formations in the cliffs.
After days of high winds and squally rain (official weather warnings from the Met Office), I set off for the beach prepared to find plastic debris from the storm. Instead, I found the inevitable band of seaweed at the high-water mark … Continue reading
If you are on the beach at Dinas’ Aberbach or Aberfforest it won’t take you long to gather a handful of perfect ‘duck and drake’ slates from the high-tide line. While you are skimming them across the water, here is a … Continue reading
I think this photo was taken in Dinas’ Aberbach beach in about 1930. Apart from the style of boys’ swimming costumes, nothing much has changed.